Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My First Pattern



I'm so proud of myself. I was able to finally design my own pattern. A girl I work with saw me making a hat for my mom and asked me if I would make a hat for her to wear on Halloween. This is the finished pattern. I used and I-hook and about three-quarters of a skein of I Love This Yarn! Candycorn Ombre.

Monique’s Bucket Hat

Chain 4; join with slip stitch to form a ring

Round 1: Chain 3 (counts as first double crochet throughout); 11 double crochets in ring; join with slip stitch to top of chain 3 (12 double crochets)

Round 2: Chain 3; 2 double crochets in each stitch; join with slip stitch to top of chain 3 (24 double crochets)

Round 3: Chain 3; *2 double crochets in next stitch, 1 double in following stitch; Repeat from * around; join with slip stitch to top of chain 3 (36 double crochets)

Round 4: Chain 3; double crochet in next stitch, *2 double crochets in following stitch, 1 double crochet in next 2 stitches; Repeat from * around; join with slip stitch to top of chain 3 (48 double crochets)

Round 5: Chain 3; double crochet in next 2 stitches, *2 double crochet in following stitch, 1 double crochet in next 3 stitches; Repeat from * around; join with slip stitch to top of chain 3 (60 double crochets)

Round 6-14: Chain 3; double crochet in each stitch; join with slip stitch to top of chain 3 (60 double crochets)

Round 15: Chain 2 (counts as first half double crochet); half double crochet in next 3 stitches, *2 half double crochets in following stitch, half double crochet in next 4 stitches; Repeat from * around; join with slip stitch to top of chain 2 (72 half double crochets)

Round 16: Chain 2 (counts as first half double crochet); half double crochet in next 4 stitches, *2 half double crochets in following stitch, half double crochet in next 5 stitches; Repeat from * around; join with slip stitch to top of chain 2 (84 half double crochets)

(This begins brim)

Round 17: Chain 2; half double crochet in the front loop of each stitch; join with slip stitch to top of chain 2 (84 half double crochets)

Round 18: Chain 3 (counts as first double crochet); double crochet in next 5 stitches, *2 double crochets in following stitch, double crochet in next 6 stitches; Repeat from * around; join with slip stitch to top of chain 3 (96 double crochets)

Round 19: Chain 3; double crochet in each stitch around; join with slip stitch to top of chain 3 (96 double crochets)

Round 20: Chain 1; slip stitch in each stitch around; join with a slip stitch to chain 1; Fasten off & sew in ends.

1 comment:

  1. Aww that's really cute. I hope she likes it. Do you think she will pose for a pic for your blog??

    ReplyDelete