Last night I dreamed of Guido. It's funny because I haven't thought of him in a while. I see his Facebook updates, but they're few and far between, and I never really pay them much attention. I don't think it was Guido at all. It looked like him, and he drove the same car, but it wasn't really him. I was in the bar (which at present time shall remain nameless) and he walked up to me and said we need to talk. He was angry and I don't know why. We walked outside. He got in his car and I got in mine and then the alarm went off and I woke up. It was stange. I think on one hand, really it isn't because he was the person that I could always talk to...that was before he got married. On the other, it is because he and I haven't spoken two words to each other in almost 3 years. I think I was projecting you into him. But then again, who knows. It was just a dream.
I had my first knitting class last night, and as much as I love crochet, I have a feeling I'm going to love knitting even more. I like the way certain things looked knitted rather than crocheted. I can't wait until I get good enough to do things like cables and changing colors and ribbing and make things bigger than scarves and fingerless gloves. Although, I am going to work on making a pair of those for myself and probably for Satan using a really simple knitted pattern...they will be the first projects I put on the needles. I need to go to Michael's and get some tip protectors. I'm bad about letting the yarn slip off the needle (kind of like I'm bad about keeping the yarn on the hook in crochet).
After my class last night, I wanted to have a beer, so I go to the usual spot. I knew that it wasn't going to be crowded and that you weren't going to join me, but I was ok with both of those. If I came off as bitchy on the phone, I apologize. I was fine with just having a drink by myself. Expecting no one to be there, I walk in only to find that Artist Jonathan is there. He and I sat for about 3 hours talking. He's a really cool guy and an amazing artist. I want to comission him to do a painting for me, but I have to figure out what I want that fits in with what he does.
Today is a kind of blah day. It's cold and sort of rainy outside and the perfect day to stay at home in bed. But unfortunately, I don't get that lucky. I had to come to work this morning. The cool part about today is that we get to leave early because of the Saints Parade this evening. I'm not going but I won't complain about getting off early. I also don't have to deal with Satan and Jordan and the dogs tonight because they're going to the parade instead of coming to dinner. Tomorrow night I get to have dinner with a friend of mine from Baton Rouge who's in town working with the St. Bernard government for their garbage contract or something like that. He works for the State Treasure's office. I can't wait to see him. It's been a while since I got to hang out with him. He's kind of quiet, but mom said when she talked to him last night (he called when I was in class, so I didn't answer the phone) that they actually had a conversation rather than her asking questions and him answering. It sounds like this job has been good for him. It's pulled him out of his shell. It'll be nice to have a conversation other than just yes or no questions and head shaking.
Once again it's Mardi Gras season. One of my least favorites of all time. I hate the crowds and the drunkiness and the general idiocy that goes along with it. I guess it comes from being born and raised here and going to parades all my life. I was thinking about it last night and in the almost 4 years I've been home, I've been to 3 parades. Endymion one year, the Thursday night parades that include Muses and then Toth last year. I don't know if I should consider that pathetic or smart. If I want beads, I'll go buy them. Yes the spectacle and the pagentry of the whole thing is fantastic but the rest of it is just plain annoying. Since the big parades start rolling on Thursday, I've already decided what I'm going to do. Thursday night I'm going to stay home and watch "The Vampire Diaries" and then probably some TV. Friday night, I might go out to the bar but then again, I might not. If I don't, I'll just pop a movie or "Buffy" into the DVD and knit. Saturday, my goal is to work on my scarf for my knitting class, write a paper for my Shakespeare class (so that I can get ahead) and clean my bathroom and maybe the sitting room and my room. And then on Sunday, I will do the usual, laundry and dinner and maybe the bar for some pool since people will be a Bacchus. It's going to be a nice relaxing weekend. I'm going to try to walk, but with this weather, walking outside is kind of counter productive. I get so cold that I can't walk for long. Maybe if you workout at the office, you can invite me to join you.
Wow, I really feel like this post is getting out of hand. I just keep typing as things come to me. I guess it's kind of the same way I speak. Stream of consciousness and randomly. Guess it's time to go back to work. Hopefully we will get a chance to talk soon.
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment